Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Birthday Bags

I imagine that everyone is busy getting ready for school to start back! I only have one more week left of summer. I report back the 12th of August and sit in meetings, meetings, meetings. We have some time to work in our rooms, but not much time. I have already been back working and preparing. I would love to be ready before the 12th so that I am not scrambling to get done! One thing I am working on now is birthday bags. I had a co-worker to share this idea to me several years ago. She created birthday bags for all her students in her classroom. When it was a student's birthday, they picked a bag to take home. If they had a summer birthday, then they received their bag at the end of the school year. I asked her what she put in the bags and her response was "all that birthday trash that kids love!" :) I loved having Mrs. Mohead as a co-worker! She has moved on to another school but I started using the birthday bags that year and my darlings love them! They always ask me what is in them, and I tell them that they will find out when they get their bag. And they never forget to remind me when their birthday! I do make a few extra bags for new students who move into our classroom during the school year. I usually buy the bags from Wal-mart or Target and then I shop around for the items in the bag. Really Good Stuff and Oriental Trading have great deals on bulk items. I have always found items in the party favor or dollar section of stores. I tried adding candy last year, but I found that the lollipops melted during the school year! :( So this year I only added toy items and no candy.
 
I have an eraser, birthday book, stickers, tracing tool, birthday bracelet, mechanical pencil, and a toy frog for each bag. The huge frog is the outside tag.
 
 
 
These are ready to go! I will place them in baskets for students to admire until it is their birthday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment